Saturday, August 6, 2016

It's finally ours!


Closing day has come and gone and I am happily writing this blog post from the comfort of my brand new family room.  I've tried to write this post about 4 times but I've been exhausted so I need to play catch up. This post will be all over the place because my brain isn't working from lack of sleep, so apologies in advance.

First thing brought into the house was my jade plant.  She's going to love all of this light!

It's been a whirlwind this week.  Long story very short....we closed on Tuesday (very fast and no issues), had movers come on Wednesday and Thursday my husband left for a trip for a few days.  Um...yeah. Talk about stress.

We decided to spend the night at the house on Tuesday despite not having any furniture.  We thought it would be fun to have a little sleepover!  In our heads we imagined it a lot differently and it turned out to be super stressful to stay there instead of at the old house but we did it!

First dinner at the house the night of closing, homemade pizza!

Air mattress set up in the family room, while our daughter got to spend the night in her own room upstairs.

The pups were a bit confused at their new surroundings, so they found comfort on our blanket, something that
smelled familiar to them.

I will spare you all the details about lack of sleep and trying to juggle a ton of things these past few days. Moving isn't fun and everyone knows that :)

All this and we STILL have to schedule the POD to be delivered.  Why do we have so much stuff?!

Despite the craziness, we are settling nicely into our new home.  I am still amazed that this huge, new house is ours.  It doesn't totally feel real yet!

Home sweet home.

I love our backyard!  Still can't walk on the grass because it's so saturated from the sprinklers.

So many boxes in the kitchen!

Our wonderful little street, with plenty of potty space for the pups!

First sunset after moving in.  Not a bad view from our front stoop!

Oh, and one last pic to show how it has been the past few days not knowing where anything is...this is what I had to resort to using at dinner last night because I couldn't find a regular glass, ha!




5 comments:

  1. YAY!! Congrats for closing and getting in!
    I love that you guys stayed there the night you closed! We debated it but decided against it bc the air mattress just isn't like our bed and we had movers coming bright and early the next day to move us.

    Good luck unpacking everything! It's stressful, and we've basically got our stuff that we "need" unpacked and the rest we are just taking it slowly as we have time.

    {your pups are also super cute!! Hope they're adjusting well!!}

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats!! It looks spectacular! Enjoy settling in. Don't fall off the blogs forever, please!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll add as a soon to be Rome owner - I'm really interested in your furniture placement/ future pics!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow..everything looks amazing..Let the real fun begin...Congrats!!!
    We are having our pre construction meeting Wednesday and should be breaking going next Monday...Hopefully our VA PM can build us a great home too!

    ReplyDelete