Saturday, July 16, 2016

Sigh

So, the master bathroom woes are continuing.  We visited the house yesterday and talked with our neighbors again. We told them all the issues we were having with that tile and they invited us to see theirs.  Now I'm even more upset.   An issue I didn't mention in previous posts is that the shower door is low, so low that we have to duck down a bit to get inside. I know it's not supposed to be like that because I would remember seeing such a low height in the model.  It was confirmed when we saw our neighbors.   Theirs looks just fine and it's because of one specific thing, the shower pan.  Ours is about half the height of our neighbors, which means that not only is our shower door height too low, but so is our seat.  Our neighbors seat is actually wider, too.  I'm not sure what's going on but I'm not happy.

Also, the back corner of the tile where the tub is has me fuming.  It looks so ridiculously unprofessional.


I'm even more upset today though because we saw how good our neighbors looks.   Their tile contractors actually adjusted things so that the corner wouldn't be a tiny sliver like ours is.  So I'm mad.

It's not a good sign that I'm already of trying to figure out what to put there to hide this.  I shouldn't have to do that in a house that's being built from scratch.  I will be talking to our PM about this but I'm sure his answer will be that there's nothing that can be done now.  I'm preparing for that so I don't lose my mind.

The shower pan is probably what has me most upset though.  I don't want to have to duck into my shower every time I use it.  If I was 7 feet tall I would expect to have to do that but at 5'9" I shouldn't have issues hitting my head.  I want to find out if it's possible to get a shower pan with a normal height.  The one in our neighbors house (and the house we are currently renting) has a shower pan twice the height of the one that's installed in our house.  That extra 2 inches will be exactly what we need for that shower to look normal.  Again, when we brought this up to our PM last week he said that the shower door height is a standard size.  But that's before we realized that it's actually the shower pan that's messing up the height.  Fingers crossed this can be changed.

I'm so angry that this one room is what's giving me stress.  This is the room that is supposed to be calming.   Calming, relaxing showers and baths but that won't be the case if we can't get some of this resolved.  I don't want to walk into that room every day and hate it.

Moving on to the good things we saw yesterday, because there was a lot!  I don't want to make it sound like everything is wrong in the house, because it's really only two things and they are in the same room.  There are a lot of exciting things happening now!


Siding has been completed on the front.  I guess they are still waiting for those last two shutters to arrive.

Best part of the visit...carpet and hardwood have been installed.  So gorgeous!

They also put the vinyl flooring down in the laundry room.

Oh and look, we have a kitchen island, finally!

The backyard has been graded also.  It's nice to see how flat it will be, for the most part.  Lots of useable space!

Thought this was a fun find.   Some of the workmen signed their names to the railing in the garage.
So overall the house is looking amazing.  I just wish that the bathroom could be fixed to how we expected it to turn out.  Fingers crossed our PM can work some magic next week.

6 comments:

  1. Its getting there! When do you close? Hope the bathroom issues get fixed for you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your house looks awesome..just stay positive..dont let the neighbors shower make you to upset ..I'm sure if everyone visited each other's home everyone will find something that is done A little better...don't let that bother you ...We are building a Rome in Va
    http://buildingaromeva.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We only went into their house to look at how the master bath workmanship was. And it's a lot better. Their house was completed 4 months ago so we should have the same workmanship in our house as well. They also had the same PM we do. That's what's upsetting. We just want what we paid for. We are paying a lot for this house, it should be done correctly. We haven't had ANY issues until just now so I'm not being nit picky, trust me :) Our neighbors had issues like this too and they were addressed once they brought them up.

      Good luck with your build!

      Delete
  3. I would SO be unhappy with that tile job in your bathroom. I completely get where you are coming from and I too feel like it should be done correctly and look way nicer than what it does. I know it's tough, but I say keep fighting for it. The can totally fix that, and it's way easier to do it now than when you're in the house.

    The rest of everything is looking great! Wait til they take that cardboard from your hardwood. It's an awesome sight! It brings together SO much!

    Keep your head up and focus on the good stuff, because there's definitely a lot of good! Everything will come together just fine and be good in the end!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! That's really all I want, is for it to be done correctly. We stopped by the house today and I'm making peace with it just in case we can't get it fixed. I'll get over it if this is how it has to be but this house isn't cheap so I really want this upgraded bathroom to look its best. We shall see. I'm so over the top excited about the rest of the house though so it's not bringing me down. I can't wait for this coming week though. Granite should be installed this week and I can't WAIT to see it.

      Delete