Friday, April 15, 2016

Why we fell in love

My husband and I have been browsing realtor.com and zillow.com for years.  We would do this periodically just to see what we like and if we are on the same page with what our next house could be, and what we could get within our budget.  We wanted to see what was available in the area and which areas we liked best, just in case we moved one day. We had never seen a house that we both agreed to everything on.   That was until we saw the Rome.

The day we walked into the model (Valentine's Day to be exact) it didn't take long for me to start picturing our family in there.  I loved everything I was seeing.

Huge kitchen (and morning room), check!


Laundry room upstairs, check!


Open floor plan, check!


Large basement, check! (no bar for us right now)


Loft, huge check!


Giant master bedroom, check!


Glorious master bath, check!
       


Fireplace!



So yes, we love everything about the house!  And we also love the neighborhood.  Our street is so quiet and there is no one in front of us across the street.  Plus, we back to trees.  Score!



Ok, I've exceeded the maximum allowance of exclamation points for one post...


We were at the lot one day around sunset.  It's amazing.  But it does make me sad that I couldn't get the one thing I wanted in a new house, a porch.  Both of our neighbors have the elevations with porches which means we can't.  Boo.   So, I will be high class and sit on a chair in our garage to watch the gorgeous sunsets :)

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for stopping by my blog.

    I also wanted a porch but we had the same restriction since our neighbor also had the porch. I was bummed but got over it quickly because I loved everything else in our home so much.

    I'm excited for your family's new blog and will scroll through your other posts to check out your progress.

    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete