Saturday, April 30, 2016

Surprise!

Saturdays seem to be the day we drive out to see the house and today was no different.  I've been looking forward to this all week. We knew that dirt had been moved around a few days ago and didn't think that much else had been completed yet.  We thought we might be able to walk around our newly pushed around lot and get a feel for the footprint of the house.   We were wrong, in a good way!

I cannot begin to describe how amazing it felt to see people actually working on our lot.  I'm pretty sure I got butterflies.

So much progress that we were not expecting.  The framing for the concrete looks nearly complete. We were
told by one of the guys that the concrete will be poured on Monday.

This guy finally turned around and asked "Is this your house?"  :)

That's our basement!

This is the front corner of the house, where the living room will be.

The back of the house, this is the framing for the stairs out of the basement.

Front stoop.


Things are starting to feel real now.  I needed this boost.  This past week has been too much for me. Completely thrown from my routine, getting horribly sick, living out of boxes and I'm starting a new job on Monday.  Seeing our new house come together is what I needed to keep me going.  I just have to concentrate on the big picture.  We will have our dream house soon enough!

No comments:

Post a Comment