Monday, May 23, 2016

We have a second floor!

Thanks to our amazing new neighbor, we have pictures of the progress on the house today.  He was nice enough to snap a few for us since neither my husband nor I could make it out there.

In other news, one of the reasons we couldn't go out there is because our second car is out of commission...for good.  It needs so many repairs (brake line is leaking and the gas line is next) that it no longer makes sense to keep it. Quite sad actually, that car is near and dear to my husband's heart and it got me to and from work (70 miles a day) for 8 years.  Guess we are in the market for a new car.   Well, new to us.  Like we need another expense right now!

We may have to rely more on our neighbor or our PM for photos during the week now until we figure this whole car thing out.





I am loving the clouds in these photos today.  We had some strong storms come through the area.  I'm happy they were able to get so much done today despite the weather.




4 comments:

  1. Hi!!! I just found your blog and will be following along with your build!! The framing part of building is SO exciting, and our framing just got finished a couple weeks ago! We are building a Milan :-)

    Good luck with everything and I'm excited to follow along with another person building a home!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! I have been following your blog for a few weeks now! I love seeing your posts to find out what might be coming next for us :)

      Delete
  2. Hi the beginning part of the build is so exciting! Than it all appears to slow down because they start working on inspections electrical plumbing etc I t is so amazing to see a giant hole land a beautiful home to live in. I would love to follow your blog but do not see a follow site button. Feel free to join both of our blogs. One we finished and the new build at
    Ricknadase.blogspot.com and ourlangleytwo.blogspot. Com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! The follow the blog button should appear at the bottom left of my blog, I just checked :)

      I'll have to check out your blogs, thanks!

      Delete