Monday, May 30, 2016

Best day yet!

I had been anxiously awaiting our visit to the house this weekend because big things were happening. We were waiting to go to the house until Sunday because we knew no one would be working and we would be able to walk through the house. It wasn't the safest, in fact I almost bit it coming out of the front door because all that was there was a piece of plywood on a very uneven surface but it was so worth it!

We spent about 45 minutes roaming the house for the first time, taking pictures and video.  In most of the videos we have I can be heard yelling at our daughter because I wanted to keep her close.  Too much danger in there for her (nails all over the floor, lots of spaces to fall, and the windows upstairs hadn't been installed yet and I had visions of her going over and out).  I was a little stressed out...might post those, haven't decided yet!

Onto pictures!

View from the main road.   It's so nice to see our little street almost complete.

Love this photo of her looking out our front door.  The view will be much better once that
dumpster is gone :)
Taken in the dining room, looking at the family room at the back left and kitchen on the right.

Kitchen and morning room.

Family room with fireplace in the back.
(Trying to figure out why those red x's are there next to the fireplace...hmm)

Love the duct work view!

Master bedroom, taken from the sitting area.  I still can't get over how big this room is.
I think it's at least twice the size of our old one!
Master bath.  I am so excited about this bathroom.  I love the tub, shower and that window!

View of the stairs, taken from where one of the closets will be in the Master.

We let our daughter pick her room.  This is the one she chose, and she was very happy about it.
I forgot to take pics in the basement (not sure how that happened!) so here's a screenshot of the steps from
a video my husband took.  So happy we only have those 4.  It allows so much light to come into the basement.
Daddy and daughter peeking through one of the family room windows.
It was such a fun day. I can't wait to re-create this shot once we move in!

4 comments:

  1. There is something just so awesome about framing. It's amazing, isn't it?!
    I also love the steps you guys have from your walk out. That's a nice feature.

    And I wish I had remembered to take a photo in front of our house this weekend when the in laws had come down to visit. Darn it!!

    Everything is looking great!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is really nice to hear. thank you for the update and good luck. los angeles movers

    ReplyDelete