Sunday, June 5, 2016

All by myself

A lot has been done since the last time I posted.  I feel like if I don't post every day I get behind and then overwhelmed so I will give the short version and skip 3 days of photos and only show photos from yesterday's visit :)

I was able to see the house on my own!  It was nice to soak it all in by myself in my own time but then it started to feel a little like that scene from What About Bob?  "THERE'S NOBODY HERE!" and I started to freak out a bit. So the visit was short, the sun was setting and it was beginning to rain.

Anyway, this was the first visit where I started noticing things that need to be fixed.  Not a ton of stuff but I now have some things I want to talk to the PM about. I knew this moment would come, no house is perfect as it's being built.

This is the concrete wall coming out of the basement.  I'm sure they will fix this but I definitely want to address
this awful mess.

It's driving me crazy that the one square of concrete is angled downwards so much.  Also not
happy with the fact that the line isn't straight either.

Light coming through the wall in 2 spots.  There is another one in the house that I don't have a
picture of but these are #1 on my list to get taken care of.

Moving on to the good news, electrical seems to be done, plumbing too...and the laundry room is ready to go!

The electrical box in the garage.

Outdoor lighting and outlet are ready to go.

All outlets seem to be installed inside.

Recessed lighting is installed as well.

Plumbing for master bath and hall bath.

Laundry room!


So, all in all we are looking good.  Waiting to hear when our pre-drywall meeting will be...I know it has to be soon.  We need to find out because we will be installing some extra insulation ourselves and it would be nice to have a heads up!

2 comments:

  1. Looks great so far!!
    I know we got all of our plumbing, electric and HVAC and then they did insulation. Right after insulation was installed was when we had our pre-drywall! So it's gotta be getting close for you :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have done a wonderful job so far on your home. My wife and I built a home from scratch last year and while a tough process, it was worth it in the end. I am so happy that we decided to build it ourselves. We can now look at the house with pride as we made memories together by building our home with our own hands!

    ReplyDelete