Sunday, June 12, 2016

Filling the house with love

Today was a fun day at the house.  Our friends (who are building their own house just a few miles down the road) came with us to check things out.  We brought crayons so the kids could draw in the house before the drywall goes up.  Lots of laughter in there today!


Our plan today was to write bible verses in certain rooms of the house.  I saw this on pinterest and fell in love.  I spent a while trying to find the best ones that fit for us and wrote something in the family room, kitchen, entryway, master bedroom and our daughter's bedroom.  I love that these words will be with us always.

Master Bedroom

One of two verses in our daughter's room.
Family Room
Right next to the front door.
We traced our hands on the top step :)

We were almost ready to leave when my husband showed me his phone and had found a verse that he loved.  So we picked a perfect spot for it.  Had to borrow our new neighbors' ladder but we made it work!   After I wrote it I said it outloud and it made both of us very emotional.  I will take that as a good sign...the perfect verse in a perfect place.

Now my eyes will be open and my ears attentive to the prayer that is made in this place.
For now I have chosen and consecrated this house that my name be there forever. My eyes
and my heart will be there for all time. Chronicles 7:15-16 

In other news, this week is going to be a busy one for the house.

Monday - Husband is meeting with wiring company to go over where we want everything (will also be installed that day, too)
Tuesday - Our independant inspector will be checking the house out to see what Ryan's inspector may have missed (our PM has already added a day to the schedule to fix what he might find)
Wednesday - extra insulation might begin to be installed by husband
Thursday - Pre-drywall meeting!  (also might be extra insulation day)
Friday - Drywall goes up!

The garage today looked ready to go for other next steps.....doors, baulsters, vanity, banisters, even cabinets were seen inside there today.  So exciting!



5 comments:

  1. I love this! I really wanted to write something on our floors or framing before they drywalled, but we were just too busy.
    And I'm a bit jealous of all your goodies in the garage! We have goodies too, but not as exciting as vanities and such.
    I did see yesterday that in our basement is where they're hiding our baluster and railing for upstairs. I don't know why I hadn't realized that is what it was before, haha!!
    Good luck with everything going on this week :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Husband just left to go meet our inspector. I can't wait to hear what he comes back with. Hopefully it's nothing but it will give us peace of mind no matter what :)

      Delete
  2. Awww - your verses made me cry! Now I've got to get on the ball to do the same. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw! It really made us feel like it was our home after doing all of those verses. Such a great idea, I was so happy when I saw it.

      Delete
  3. I'm totally running to the house tonight to write some verses! Love it.

    ReplyDelete