Sunday, June 26, 2016

We have siding!

That is what I screamed as we passed by the house today.   Neither of us were expecting siding, but there it was as we drove past the street and saw the side of the house in the distance.  I was clapping I was so excited.

Lots of fun surprises during today's visit!

The back of the house was completely finished, love the color!

The one side of the house has siding completed, the other side (pictured) is almost finished except for the very top of the house where the attic is.  They still have to start the front of the house.

Kitchen cabinets! I think I might have done a happy dance when I saw this.  I love them so much! 

The garage still holds some goodies, who knew door knobs could be so exciting?

Banisters and railings!!

Master Bath vanity!  I might have gasped when I saw this, too.

Hall Bath vanity.

Railings at the top of the stairs.

All the doors have been installed as well (well all except one).  Sad face though because this means we can't
change the swing of the ones in the laundry and master bath.  Oh well.

I didn't want to leave today.  It really felt like home; walls are finished, doors are up and I wanted to stay.  August can't come soon enough!

8 comments:

  1. Holy moly! They got A LOT done for you guys! We seem to be neck and neck with progress :-)
    Everything is looking great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bet they might still be able to change the swing of the doors for you. I have heard of them changing that for others even after the pre settlement walk thru, couldn't hurt to ask. Looks like its coming along quickly for you guys! So exciting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nope, we heard back from our PM and he said nothing can be changed from the original plans or it won't pass code at the end and that includes door swings (so odd that things aren't consistent with Ryan throughout the country). Oh well. I'm not too worried about the master bath. But the laundry we might turn into a sliding barn door.

      Delete
  3. Looking awesome! Can't wait until we get this far. :)
    We're planning to do the laundry room barn door too, so the swing won't matter that much either way.
    Your double sink hall bath is making me jealous. I'm going to have to hunt for some sort of storage tower to fill that space in ours.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your siding color and excited about your progress!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yayayayyaya!!!!! That is all ☺️

    ReplyDelete
  6. Getting the siding on the home really makes it feel like you're getting the job done. The color is beautiful and blends well with other colors that you use on the outside. Once you get everything completed on the outside of the home, the inside will go pretty quickly most likely.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It must have been so exciting to visit your house and find the side and back were finished, and it sounds like the other side of the house was coming along at the time. The kitchen cabinets and master bath vanity look stunning. I am sure you are settled into your home by now, and I hope you are enjoying life in your new home.

    ReplyDelete